Southborough Seagull Control, seagull deterrent systems, gull proofing, seagull netting Installed by professional pest bird control experts
Love them or hate them Seagulls are an important part of ecological system but much the same as any other pest bird seagulls significant health risks from droppings and equally can cause damage to buildings.
seagulls normally found in coastal areas such as Margate, Southborough, Folkestone, Dover, Herne Bay, Broadstairs, Whitstable and other coastal towns are now appearing in greater numbers in urban town areas mainly due to the increased temperature, security from higher buildings and easier pickings of food stuffs.
People are also fed up with the noise these birds make particularly during nesting season (April – July). The raucous cries and screeching whilst perching on rooftops, chimneys and ledges, only add to the misery of the damage seagulls can cause.
Seagulls, like all other birds, are protected by the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981. While the Act does allow for the destruction of birds (culling) under certain circumstances, this action is only permissible where it can be demonstrated that the birds pose a risk to public safety or public health, and only when all other non-
Seagull proofing and seagull deterrent systems we use in Kent
Seagull spike deterrents
Bird netting for seagull control
Post and wire seagull control
Daddi Long Legs wire system
Culling only if authorised by local council or authorities
Problems seagulls can cause
- Seagull problems often occur at municipal dump sites due to the food opportunities that are
- Seagulls can cause damage to piers, boat paintwork and harbours from the uric acid in their
- Damage in costal towns, seafronts and other tourist areas which does nothing for the towns image.
- Clean up costs can run into thousands, due to droppings and the mess they make.
- Seagulls can be aggressive and will ‘mug’ people for food.